Saugus, Massachusetts was settled in 1629. In 1637, Saugus (which also was comprised the areas of Swampscott, Nahant, Lynn, Lynnfield, Reading, and Wakefield) was renamed Lynn. Saugus was officially incorporated in 1815.
Today Saugus residents enjoy many activities, and Saugus has lots of parks and natural resources, like the Rumney Marsh Reservation and Breakheart Reservation. Route One runs through the center of Saugus and contains many fine restaurants, stores, the Square One Mall. The law office of Attorney Rob McCarthy is also in Saugus.